Mount Zion Hotel
Perched above the Old City, the Mount Zion Hotel offers world-class lodging with exquisite Middle Eastern design, further distinguished by unforgettable views of some of Jerusalem's best-known landmarks.
Mount Zion Hotel takes its name not from its location, but from the view it offers from its rooms: the peak of Mount Zion, the walls of the Old City and the deep Valley of Hinnom. The historic building was originally erected in 1882 during the waning days of Ottoman Jerusalem, serving as the Hospital of St. John until 1948.
During Israel's War of Independence, the population of the Old City's Jewish Quarter, under siege by the Jordanian Army, used a secret cable car (which can still be visited today) to ferry food and supplies from a room inside the hotel to the beleaguered fighters and residents inside the Old City walls.
Today, nothing quite so dramatic goes on at the hotel, but it still boasts one of the most advantageous locations in the city. With a location on historic Derech Hebron, the hotel is within easy walking distance of Liberty Bell Park, the Old Train Station, the Ma'abada Theater, the Begin Center, Cinematheque art movie house and a small strip of quality restaurants.
Ratings and Prices
Mount Zion is the hotel for you if...
- You want to be mere steps away from the Old City
- You want to be spoiled by a full spa and health club on the premises
- You'd like to experience one of Jerusalem's only authentic hammams (Middle Eastern steam baths)
- You relish commanding views of the Old City, Mount Zion and the striking Valley of Hinnom
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the Mount Zion Hotel
- The many historic and religious sites within the Old City
- The Night Spectacular sound and light show at the Tower of David
- The Cinematheque
- Mount Zion
- Liberty Bell Park
- The Old Train Station
- Yemin Moshe and Mishkenot Sha'ananim
Top restaurants near the Mount Zion Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.
למלון הר ציון בעברית לחץ כאן
DetailsHebron Rd. 17