Named after Moses Montefiore, the 19th century British aristocrat who financed the first Jewish neighborhood outside of Jerusalem's Old City, this small hotel rises from the corner of Bezalel and Shatz streets, within sight of the famous Bezalel art academy and the original home of the Israeli Knesset on King George Street.
Recently refurbished, the Montefiore boasts a nicely appointed lobby, a very fine fusion bistro, and a lounge for business travelers, complete with wireless internet access. The 47 rooms (and 1 suite) are cozy and clean - and considering the ultra-convient location and relative quality compared to other hotels in the heart of downtown, quite a bargain.
Ratings and Prices
Montefiore is the hotel for you if...
- You want to be right in the heart of bustling downtown Jerusalem
- You want an affordable room
- You're willing to take an enjoyable, scenic 15-minute walk to the sights of Old City
- You want the convenience of a quality restaurant right inside the hotel
- You're a business traveler who needs work space and reliable Internet access
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the Montefiore Hotel
- The Ben Yehuda pedestrian mall
- The Great Synagogue
- Beit Avi Chai
- Independence Park
- The Machane Yehuda market
- The Jerusalem Time Elevator
- The Night Spectacular sound and light show at the Tower of David
- The many historic and religious sites within the Old City
Top restaurants near the Montefiore Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.