The King David Hotel
Today luxury hotels are hardly a rarity in Jerusalem, but years ago, when they were few and far between, the King David Hotel was at the very head of the pack. Even now, when it has been out-glitzed, the King David still has a lesson or two about old-world European luxury and class to teach the hotels that sprang up in its wake.
The historic King David Hotel was a hub for the British military during the pre-state mandate years, and much of the building has been refurbished since Jewish nationalists bombed it in 1946. The "new" décor mixes European charm with flourishes of Ottoman-Eastern exotica effectively, and the manicured pool and gardens, which overlook the Old City, are lovely. The hotel's 237 rooms boast LCD TVs and marble bathrooms.
Located across the street from the YMCA and near downtown, Mamilla and Liberty Bell Park, the King David Hotel is a lavish choice for accommodation as well as a Jerusalem landmark. It remains one of the primary lodging destinations for visiting dignitaries, and deservedly so.
Ratings and Prices
The King David is the hotel for you if...
- You want to be right up the street from the Old City
- You expect unparalleled luxury and a high level of personal service
- You want to experience Jerusalem's history firsthand with a stay in one of the city's most famous buildings
- You'd like access to some of the city's loveliest pool facilities
- You want to be an easy walk from the shopping and nightlife of downtown Jerusalem
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the King David Hotel
- Alrov Mamilla Avenue
- The Ben Yehuda pedestrian mall
- Independence Park
- Yemin Moshe
- Mount Zion
- The Night Spectacular sound and light show at the Tower of David
- The many historic and religious sites within the Old City
Top restaurants near the King David Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.
למלון המלך דוד בעברית לחץ כאן