Mount of Olives Hotel
As its name would suggest, this family-owned hotel occupies a prime spot atop the Mount of Olives, overlooking the Temple Mount and the Old City. The Mount of Olives Hotel dates back to 1960, originally built around the home of the
owners (which these days has been turned into a bar). Popular with Christian pilgrims, the many New Testament holy sites on the Mount of Olives are essentially right outside the front door.
The accommodations are much in line with the other two-star hotels in the area: basic but cozy. Perks include free breakfast in the dining hall every day and, happily, hotel-wide wireless Internet. The real attractions, though, are the commanding Old City views and the easy proximity to the holy sites of the Mount of Olives and the Old City.
Ratings and Prices
Mount of Olives is the hotel for you if...
- You want to be within easy walking distance of the Old City
- You want to be close to the neighborhoods and attractions of eastern Jerusalem
- You're in the market for one of the city's most affordable rooms
- You're on a Christian pilgrimage and want to be only steps away from many significant New Testament sites
- You like your wireless Internet free of charge
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the Mount of Olives Hotel
- The many historic and religious sites within the Old City
- The Night Spectacular sound and light show at the Tower of David
- The Garden of Gethsemane
- Damascus Gate
- The Mount of Olives
- The City of David
- The Museum on the Seam
- The Rockefeller Archaeological Museum
Top restaurants near the Mount of Olives Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.