Jerusalem Gate Hotel
Looming above the entrance to the city, the Jerusalem Gate Hotel is adjacent to the Ultra Orthodox-oriented Center One shopping mall at the corner of Yirmiyahu Street, right near the Central Bus Station.
Unlike most of the hotels that have sprouted at the entrance to the city, the Jerusalem Gate Hotel caters heavily to an ultra-Orthodox clientele - the entire hotel is glatt lemehadrin under the supervision of the Jerusalem Rabbinate, and rather conveniently for the stringently observant, it is one of the only hotels in Jerusalem to sport its own mikvah.
The hotel's 298 rooms are mostly divided between double and triple rooms, though a few suites feature Jacuzzis. An enormous function hall is often rented out for Ultra-Orthodox Jerusalemites' weddings, and an onsite cafe serves a full kosher dairy menu.
Both the central bus station and the International Convention Center (Binyanei HaUma) are nearby, though the attractions of downtown and the Old City are outside easy walking distance.
Ratings and Prices
Jerusalem Gate is the hotel for you if...
- You're an observant Jew and need to rest assured that your meals and lodging adhere to the highest halakhic standard
- You want to be near the Central Bus Station, gateway to Israel
- You'd like to be near the International Convention Center
- You don't mind taking a cab or bus to downtown Jerusalem or the Old City
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the Jerusalem Gate Hotel
- The Binyanei HaUma International Convention Center
- The Bridge of Strings
- The Machane Yehuda market
- Mt. Herzl
- Yad Vashem
Top restaurants near the Jerusalem Gate Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.