Somewhere on the continuum between hotel and hostel lies the Hashimi Hotel, but labels are less interesting than location: the Hashimi Hotel is within the walls of the Old City, offering an unforgettable lodging experience by dint of surroundings alone.
The 40 rooms themselves are quite basic - antique-feeling, even - but the recently renovated 400-year old building, full of Arabesque flourishes, arches, Jerusalem stone and Middle Eastern tilework, is undeniably lovely, and visitors would be hard-pressed to find a hotel that feels more authentically Jerusalemite.
Perks abound. Hot tea is available 24 hours, and hungry guests can choose to dine in Hashimi's
restaurant or use the communal kitchen to prepare their own meals, hostel-style (the bountiful markets of the Christian and Muslim Quarters are nearby for ingredient-shopping). Perhaps the biggest draw is a lovely rooftop patio with panoramic Old City views - and of course, all of Jerusalem's main religious sites
are within walking distance.
Ratings and Prices
Hashimi is the hotel for you if...
- You want to be right in the heart of the Old City
- You want access to a unbeatable and unique view of your Old City surroundings from the hotel's patio
- You want to save money by cooking your own food
- You don't mind stepping out to a nearby Internet cafe for Internet access
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the Hashimi Hotel
- The many historic and religious sites within the Old City
- The Night Spectacular sound and light show at the Tower of David
- Damascus Gate
- The Mount of Olives
- The City of David
- The Museum on the Seam
- The Rockefeller Archaeological Museum
Top restaurants near the Hashimi Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.