Staying at the Commodore Hotel is a bit like traveling back in time to an older Jerusalem before the age of the five star hotel, when simple, almost spartan rooms in modest hotels were what most visitors could expect. Still, there's some appeal in going back to basics - especially when the basics put you mere steps away from the Old City for a fraction of the cost of fancier lodging.
Located at the foot of the Mount of Olives, the Commodore Hotel is within walking distance of Jerusalem's Old City and many other significant religious and cultural sites. The rooms, while simply furnished, offer telephone, air conditioning, color TV and free wireless internet - a step ahead of many Jerusalem hotels that are still lagging on the hi-tech front.
Parking is provided and guests have access to a meeting room, conference and banquet halls and a coffee shop. A self-service buffet restaurant is open daily during lunchtime hours.
Ratings and Prices
The Commodore Hotel is the hotel for you if...
- You want to be within easy walking distance of the Old City
- You want to be close to the neighborhoods and attractions of eastern Jerusalem
- You're in the market for one of the city's most affordable rooms
- You like your wireless Internet free of charge
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
Top attractions near the Commodore Hotel
- The many historic and religious sites within the Old City
- The Night Spectacular sound and light show at the Tower of David
- Damascus Gate
- The Mount of Olives
- The City of David
- The Museum on the Seam
- The Rockefeller Archaeological Museum
Top restaurants near the Commodore Hotel
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.