Yad HaShmona Kibbutz Hotel
Yad HaShmona is a moshav shitufi (an agricultural community lying between the fully collectivist kibbutz and the more decentralized moshav on the collectivism scale) nestled amidst the Judean Hills, founded by Finnish Christians in the 1970s (though today populated chiefly by native Israelis). Though Yad HaShmona is a roughly fifteen minute drive from central Jerusalem, what it lacks in proximity it makes up for in it environs: you'll be able to revel in the pine-covered, heavily terraced slopes of the Judean Hills in every direction - and you'll enjoy a peace and quiet you'd never find in urban Jerusalem.
Lodging is in rustic-looking kibbutz-style cottages (fully modernized with all the amenities, of course), giving guests a taste of the Israeli pioneer lifestyle. The moshav also boasts a reconstructed Biblical village and an extensive garden planted with flora typical of ancient Israel, all located right next to the hotel grounds - perfect for an educational tour or just a quiet stroll.
Guests enjoy full access to the pool at moshav Neve Ilan, five minutes away from Yad HaShmona by car. And the pastoral surroundings don't mean you'll be cut off from the wider world (unless you want to be), as wireless Internet access is available for free hotel-wide.
Ratings and Prices
Yad HaShmona Kibbutz Hotel is the hotel for you if...
- You relish the quiet surroundings and spectacular views of Yad HaShmona
- You want a unique taste of Israeli village life
- You'd like access to free wireless Internet
- You don't mind a 15 minute drive into Jerusalem
Why you should book your hotel with GoJerusalem.com
- Free gift packets, including our useful maps and our quarterly guide book.
- Free use of our phone-based concierge service for real-time advice from GoJerusalem.com staff experts for the duration of the visit.
- Exclusive discounts on the top tours and attractions in Jerusalem and all of Israel.
- And more!
To receive your booking benefits from GoJerusalem.com, simply make your reservation, and then get in touch with us via our handy contact form.